Home > Patterns by technique > crochet
Home > Indie designers > Stitch Diva Studios
Home > Patterns by technique > Hairpin Lace
Stitch Diva Studios pattern - Crochet, Knit and Hairpin Lace Hats
(3 in stock)
This set of hairpin lace hat patterns presents an easy way to explore the versatility of the hairpin lace technique. Create three distinctly-different hats, exploring different hairpin lace joining methods, and each time you will be rewarded with a hat of delicate and timeless styling.
Don't be fooled: the filligree texture of the hairpin lace stitches makes these hats appear deceptively intricate. Don't worry: no one will make you confess that they are exceedingly simple and fun to make.
Hats in the collection include:
* Monaco Floppy Brim Hat (Pictured top in light blue): This floppy-brimmed hat is a saucy throw back to the big volume glamour hats of the late 60's and 70's. Pair it with big sunglasses and a cocktail for a swank resort-style look. Yarn: 220 yards of worsted weight rayon or similar and 180 yards sport weight silk or similar.
* Venetian Lace Beret (Pictured in red): This versatile hat is a lacey spin on the classic wardrobe essential. Wear it when you'd like to wear a hat, but don't really need the extra warmth. It is extremely quick to work up, using only 3 wide hairpin lace strips. Yarn: 140 yards of heavy worted weight rayon/mohair blend yarn.
* Banff Winter Beanie(Pictured in blue violet): This simple and classic hat is a great example of how knitting and hairpin lace can be paired together to achieve stunning results. The hairpin lace stripe gives this sporty little beanie a unique, feminine flair. Yarn: 120 yards of worsted weight rayon and 30 yards of worsted weight coordinating yarn.
* Skill Level - intermediate - For knitters/crocheters able to work repetitive patterns, mid-level shaping and finishing.
* Finished Size : One size fits most. Will fit adult heads 20"-22".
All patterns use hairpin lace loom that can be adjusted to the following width: 1.5", 2", 2.5"